Sunday, October 18, 2009

personal projects

During the school year I always find it difficult to do personal projects because of lack of time, sleep, nutrition, etc (list of excuses could really go on for a century). But this past Friday I put homework aside for the afternoon and got started on a project that has been in my head for some time. Here are two of the in progress shots, conveniently taken with my phone (so excuse the quality)

For this project I am spray painting headphones different colors to create a more graphic still life, which usually isn't my style. Friday I spent a majority of the day spray painting them, which took a few a hours, and then took them into the studios to try out a few different set ups. I didn't have the back drop that I wanted to use with me, so it wasn't as successful as I would have hoped, but I got the exact lighting set up that I wanted to have which made it a good dry run, getting ready for the real deal.

On another note, this coming Thursday through Saturday is PDN's Photo Expo in NYC. If you've never heard of it, photo expo somewhat of a photography trade show, but instead of selling things it's mainly a place where you get try out the latest and greatest of any type of photo gear that you can possibly think of, talk with other photographers, go to workshops about new photo software, and quite a bit more. I decided to purchase the gold pass this year to be able to do more on the floor and go to more seminars.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on the Century-Long-List-Thing!
    Just you wait 'till you add a Family with real live humans into the mix!
    Ha!
    You are doing great from what I can see.
    .
    .
    .
    I have been enjoying how you write. It is crisp and a bunch of other good things just like apples.
    :)
    Be well
    from Mickey S on Vancouver Island

    ReplyDelete