Tuesday, October 6, 2009

last night

Yesterday in the studio I decided to work with a "light box" effect. I took items that are slightly transparent or flat. I wanted to show light can wrap around an object. I used a profoto head with a 40 degree grid on it. I found this to be really interesting because usually I'm a very frontal photographer, in the sense when I put light on the direct front of an object or person for depth, dimension, or basically so you can view the texture and what the object is. I found when working with the more flat objects, like these skeleton keys that I found at an antique shop.In this particular shot I threw out the focus. By throwing out the focus the light was allowed to wrap around the key more and the lack of focus also allowed the keys to appear thinner than they actually are.

The one flaw to being in the AD program is that it kind of scares me out of being more playful. But with doing projects like this, makes me want to do more playfull projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment