Sunday, March 21, 2010

Drippin'


This is another shot from one of yesterdays shoots. It's normal lipstick with nail polish dripping over it, then several shots put together to get the right highlights and drips all in one shot, or compositing. This shot particularity is 3 shots composited together. I got my inspiration from this image:(http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/88205507/The-Image-Bank ) From this inspiration, I developed my own swing on it, and made it have more a concept, a conceptual version. I took something that normally wouldn't be covered in nail polish, and developed the same feeling as the basic nail polish shot. I did a small series of these with only make up, lipsticks, mascara, lip gloss and eyeshadow, and hope to make it go past just make up. I'm thinking about expanding it to all different objects, not sure exactly what yet though. I'm also going to be using one of the images from this shoot for one of my promo pieces that I will be taking on the New York City trip that we will be going on in one week from today!!

To go back to what i was saying before about compositing; it's a fairly easy technique that is done in photoshop, but can be time consuming. The easiest way to do compositing is to plan ahead. This is the easiest way to do it because then later on in post, if you don't plan that out, it can be veryvhard to do, and often you won't have the piece of the shot that you may have wanted there. I often will have a sketch of what i want my image to look like before even starting the shoot, before I've even bought props, etc. So once I do get to the studio to a shoot, I will know what I want to achieve and therefore know what I need to do to achieve my shot whether it's in post or if I need to do post work (photoshop work) later on.

With this being the last year that I am here I am really trying, as much as possible, to be shooting, trying new things, trying new techniques, building a portfolio, and at the same time having a good time while doing it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment