Wednesday, June 9, 2010

the graduated life should be a tv show title...

I have found myself saying "so this is life after college" a lot lately (and I know I'm not the only one, thank you twitter...). Still no job for me, but desperately looking, really thought I had this one retouching job in the bag but I didn't. Also, I hate to admit this... I have barely taken any photos since graduation, and this needs to change, ASAP! My lighting kit will be arriving FRIDAY if all goes well and that is the day I will be back up and running, the day that I make some beautiful art ... after I go prop shopping first. I have so many ideas in my head... and in a notebook... I have to shoot them!
I found the image above online, and I really think I need to shoot a dead fish. Whenever i see images of dead fish, I feel inspired! I can't explain it, I know its just a dead fish, but I see the scales, the color... I see something that is gross that I might be able to make look beautiful and appetizing. I'm thinking about shooting it on a light blue background (to mimic water), but I'm not positive on the type of fish I'd like, I could do a nice halibut, or perhaps mahimahi!

Also, my website WWW.JESSDAVISPHOTO.COM will be updated soon, keep checking it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment