Friday, May 28, 2010

It's been a while, huh?

Hello blog, I've missed you so. So, I've graduated from college (and kind of in denial about it). Mostly, I've been trying to figure out how and when I'm going to be able to shoot in a studio again, I miss it already. I'll be assisting again this summer in the city, which is awesome, and hopefully it'll have more hours, and be more of just a summer job. I've been applying for jobs all over. I actually got an interview!! but, alas, that did not go over well. Well, I DID get the job, but they only wanted to pay me $10/day. Yes, thats right, $10/DAY, thats $1.25/hour (give or take a few pennies)... it costs me $21 to get into the city, then an extra $8 for the subway (about) every 2 days, that would put in $19 of debt as of the first day of work... so needless to say, I declined the job in hopes of something better coming my way, and I hope it does... SOON. I hate sitting on my ass. And now being a grad, makes me feel useless without a job, even though its only been 5 days.

One thing that I've been told to do after graduation is to keep on shooting, keep my eye strong and sharp. My strength is in the studio, so I'm going to purchase fairly in expensive strobe kit. The brand name is SP studio systems... it's no profoto or braun color, but hey, from all of the reviews that I've read, its supposed to be a great starter strobe kit.

Now I grace you with a summer photograph of a flower

No comments:

Post a Comment