Sunday, April 18, 2010

I've got an idea, where's my lightbulb?

Strange fact about me, I'm obsessed with spray paint. I am always looking for an excuse to spray paint something. I think this all began when I used to spray paint stencils onto t shirts and other clothing, I've even spray painted on a purse once. I also frequently try to think of ways i can spray paint props... and when I can actually can, I take full advantage of it. FULL. So, let me start from the beginning. I had this preliminary idea for lighbulbs growing out of grass as if they were the trees, very surreal and fantasy. Plans changed with i couldn't find turf and minitures that I felt would help out this project. So for the time being I just bought light bulbs of different shapes and sizes. When it came to shooting day I still only had the lightbulbs, but I also had spray paint in my locker, so I thought why not spray paint these lightbulbs and if something comes of it, then it does. I played around with different painting techniques and found that I liked a frosted look much better then a fully coated look. This is my outcome:
Way different then the sketch as it started, but needless to say I'm happy with it. Hopefully my next idea will turn out the way that I have it sketched out.

I've also been working on my website, and hopefully today it'll be done... again.

No comments:

Post a Comment