Sunday, December 13, 2009

Back to Work

Hello, it's been a while. I've missed you... Anyway, during my break from school I took a little bit of a break from photography as well, but now I'm back at it, in a new quarter, with new classes, etc. This quarter I'm taking a class in editorial photography. In this class the photographers are working directly with design students, this is definetly a different experience class wise, then I'm used to. Having to pass everything I do with another person, who isn't a teacher, is odd, but I suppose to good practice for when school is out and working with a lot of different people. It's definetly obvious that the desinger I'm working with and myself have way different views on the way a project should end up looking. So the goal of the class is to get work into a class magazine entitled "Positive/Negative". The photographer and the designer working together chose a topic that is either positive or negative, then makes a photograph to go with it, choses an article (or the other way around, all depends), and then the designer puts it all together in a layout. So for the two page spread we chose to do "The Benefits of Drinking Wine". To play off words, such as "health", the photograph will include a wine glass with grapes in it, wine is made of grapes. I want it to be beautiful, elegant, with a color palate of purples, deep reds and shades of beige.

Recently I foudn this new photographer that I've been looking at quite frequently because I think her work is really nice, her name is Syl Arena, and this is one of her photographs:
I think this is beautiful!! I've got an idea for a new series based off this for fruits and vegtables, more to come when I start it!

No comments:

Post a Comment